St. Luke’s Hospital and Health Network, located in the Lehigh Valley, PA, offers a Fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery under the direction of Vincent Lucente, MD, MBA, Miles Murphy, MD, MSPH, and the Institute for Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
The fellowship offers comprehensive training in the:
- Diagnosis of lower urinary tract dysfunction, pelvic relaxation, and rectal dysfunction
- Surgical treatment emphasizing minimally-invasive (vaginal and laparoscopic) surgical training.
- Use of synthetic materials for the surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse and stress incontinence
- Neuromodulation for voiding disorders and refractory detrusor over activity
- A multi-specialty approach to urinary incontinence and pelvic floor disorders, with emphasis on pain management, physical therapy, patient education and research
- One full year of clinical research and scientific investigations including classes in epidemiology and statistics
- Training in the business of urogynecology, including strategic planning, marketing, financial management, coding and reimbursement
- Developing lecture topics and power point presentations including presentation skills
Faculty members enjoy excellent relationships with related departments, including general surgery, colon rectal surgery, neurology, geriatrics and urology. This enhances the clinical care of gynecologic patients and broadens medical and surgical exposure. The faculty have also developed close partnerships with industry, affording you the opportunity to learn the process of product/ procedural development.
We are currently accepting applications for the academic year beginning in July 2013. While we are not participating in the match, we are using for your convenience the "Universal Application for Residency". Please download the form [PDF format] and mail to:
The Institute for Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
3050 Hamilton Blvd, Suite 200
Allentown, PA 18104